The Office of Research and Creative Activity
2018-2019 Research and Travel Grants
ORCA is pleased to announce the return of research and travel grants for students mentored by Murray State faculty members. On August 24, 2018, we will begin to accept proposals for the 2018-2019 academic year at Murray State's Digital Commons. Proposal forms are now available to download:
18th Annual Posters-at-the-Capitol
Posters-at-the-Capitol is a showcase of 127 unique scholarly efforts led by undergraduate students from each state-funded university in the Commonwealth and KCTCS. During the one-day event, students present their faculty-mentored projects to those responsible for crafting higher education policy in Kentucky. This event is proudly hosted by Murray State University.
- Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019 in Frankfort, KY
- Deadline for students to submit an abstract: October 12, 2018 by 5PM
- View last year's accepted projects: http://digitalcommons.murraystate.edu/postersatthecapitol/2018/
Fall and Spring Scholars Week 2018-2019
During a designated week each semester, the Murray State community is encouraged to interact with showcases of academic and creative endeavors from our undergraduate and graduate students. Important dates for this academic year's Fall and Spring Scholars Week are as follows.
- Fall Scholars Week: November 12-16, 2018
- Deadline for students to submit an abstract: October 26, 2018 by 5PM
- Deadline for Honors College student theses presentation to submit: October 12, 2018
- Accepting submissions for Vol.2, Iss.2 and Vol.3, Iss.1 of Steeplechase: An ORCA Student Journal. More info.
- Spring Scholars Week: April 15-19, 2019
- Deadline for students to submit an abstract: March 29, 2019 by 5PM
- Deadline for Honors College student theses presentation to submit: March 15, 2018
- Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018-2019 University Distinguished Mentor Award (UDMA)
The Office of Provost, in conjunction with the Office of Research and Creative Activity, is please to present the University Distinguished Mentor Award. This annual award will be presented to a member of Murray State's Faculty, nominated by their peers, in recognition of extraordinary efforts in the area of student mentoring, which is understood as a sustained partnership of mutual concern significantly fostering students’ intellectual, ethical and academic development above and beyond expectations of even excellent advising and teaching. Read more about the award and guidelines here.
- Deadline for nominations - February 1, 2019
- Deadline for nominees to submit information - February 19, 2019
- Award presented at Faculty Recognition Banquet - Thursday, April 18, 2019
- This year's awards chair: Dana Statton (email@example.com)