Strategic Initiatives Plan (2015-2022)
Murray State University is a student-centered and engaging regional public university that we envision as the University of Choice for regional high school students within the 18-county service region, community college transfers, nontraditional students, and national and international students who seek a university offering superior educational and co-curricular experiences. We envision Murray State to be the University of Choice for faculty and staff who desire to work for a progressive university that offers distinctive academic programming, an energized work environment and one that fosters community. We envision Murray State to be the University of Choice for the citizens of the region, and the Commonwealth, to look to a qualified workforce, to create applied research and partnerships for solving community identified challenges and/or capitalizing on new opportunities.
The strategic initiatives must directly address the core values that Murray State fosters through the integration of multiple components. The strategic initiatives are Academic Excellence; Student Success; Scholarship, Research and Creative Thought; and Community Engagement.
Reassessment of Strategic Plan Survey - Spring 2018
The reassessment of the Strategic Plan is to tailor and focus the components of the Plan that best highlight Murray State as a tremendous student-centered University with emphasis on the exceptional faculty and staff who give of their time and talents “blending the range of educational opportunities often experienced at research institutions with the nurturing student-teacher interactions usually found at smaller universities” (Murray State Mission Statement, 2017). Connections of the Strategic Plan to performance funding and the hallmarks for which Murray State is known were part of the discussions in this revision.
Draft of Revised Strategic Plan
Provided is a draft of the reassessed Strategic Plan. This is in draft stage and your input is appreciated. Many thanks to all the Initiative Chairs and their committees for the work over the last several months!
Please notice that also is provided an Enrollment Strategic Plan. The reassessed Strategic Plan contains a measure to achieve the metrics in the Enrollment Strategic Plan.
Faculty, staff, students and community are invited to Listening Sessions to provide feedback. The dates, times and locations are as follows:
- Wednesday, January 17, 2018, at 12:30 p.m. in the Curris Center Rocking Chair Lounge
- Wednesday, January 31, 2018, at 3:30 p.m. in the Curris Center Third Floor North Concourse area and
- Tuesday, February 6, 2018, at 2:30 p.m. in the Curris Center Rocking Chair Lounge.
- Reassessed Strategic Plan
- Enrollment Strategic Plan
- Strategic Plan goals - December 2017
- Strategic Plan dashboard - June 2017
- Strategic Plan dashboard - February 2017
- Strategic Plan Update - September 2016
- Strategic Successes during 2015-2016
- Strategic Initiatives Plan
Approved by Murray State University Board of Regents on June 5, 2015
Strategic Priorities with Budget Emphasis (March 2016)
Academic Excellence (spreadsheet)
Student Success (spreadsheet)
Research, Scholarship and Creative Activity (spreadsheet)
Community Engagement/Economic Development (spreadsheet)
Facilitator and Measures (spreadsheet)
Strategic Plan update for Quarterly Board of Regents meetingClick the arrow for more information
December 9, 2016
- Academic Excellence -Ashley Ireland
- Student Success - Fred Dietz
- Research, Scholarship and Creative Activity - Nicole Hand-Bryant and Iin Handayani
- Community Engagement/Economic Development - Chris Wooldridge