Applying to graduate study and graduate admission standards
- Complete application online and pay required $40 non-refundable application fee.
- Request that a transcript be mailed directly to Graduate Admissions from each college you have attended. If you attended Murray State and have previously had your college transcripts sent, you will not need to request new copies unless you are notified by Admissions Services that they are required.
- If you are from IL, IN, KY, MO, or TN mail a copy of your driver's license, and your most recent vehicle registration with your application. Admissions Services is required by KY statute to document residency for tuition purposes. For more information on In-State Residency click here.
- If you have previously attended Murray State under another name and you have not already requested an official name change, mail a copy of your driver's license with your current name, and a copy of the marriage certificate or court order authorizing the change along with a name change request form.
- If you are applying for any program in the field of Education, mail with your application a copy of your current teaching certificate.
For further information contact Graduate Admissions
Admission requirements for graduate students
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum GPA of 2.25 for possible conditional admission
- Approval of academic department (Admissions Services submits documents to the department.)
- GMAT is required for admission to MBA
- GRE is required for some programs
- Doctor of Arts: DA
- Doctor of Education: EdD
- Doctor of Nursing Practice: DNP
- Master of Arts: MA
- Master of Arts in Education: MAE
- Master of Arts in Teaching: MAT
- Master of Business Administration: MBA
- Master of Fine Arts: MFA
- Master of Music Education: MME
- Master of Professional Accountancy: MPAc
- Master of Public Administration: MPA
- Master of Science: MS
- Master of Science in Nursing: MSN
- Specialist in Education: Ed.S
Programs are available for +30 and certification programs.
Graduate Program Admission Requirements
Each graduate program has its own admission requirements in addition to the university admission requirements stated above. Please visit the Graduate Program Admission Requirements page for more information on a particular graduate program's admission requirements. For more information the graduate programs offered at Murray State University, please visit the Graduate Programs page.