Get a head start on your future with the Racer Academy.
Take advantage of dual credit classes at Murray State that are designed with you in mind. Open to high school juniors and seniors, Racer Academy features online and on-campus college classes taught by Murray State faculty in any number of fields.
Meet your high school course requirements while earning college credits. Take those classes at an affordable cost. Shorten the time it takes to earn your college degree. Gain access to state-of-the-art resources like Waterfield Library and Murray State computer labs. The benefits of dual credit courses are endless.
Interested in learning more? Contact your high school guidance counselor or email firstname.lastname@example.org to see how dual credit and the Racer Academy can fit into your class schedule and future plans.
- Applicants must be a high school junior or senior.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or rank in top half of class.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Complete the Racer Academy/Thoroughbred Academy Application for Admission.
Already started your application, but haven't submitted it yet? Click here to log back into your account and select "Complete an Application" at the bottom of your "My Account" page.
Having problems? Check out the detailed guide on how to apply!
- Submit High School Transcript.
- Submit ACT, or SAT Test scores from the testing agency or posted on your high school transcript for courses with prerequisite requirements.
- Minimum scores required are:
- ACT Composite = 18 or SAT Composite = 940;
- For English Course Requirements: English ACT = 18; Writing and Language SAT = 480; Reading SAT=480;
- For Math Course Requirements: Math ACT = 20; Math SAT =500;
- Recommendation from high school counselor: Guidance Counselor/Principal Approval Form
How to apply for admission
- Complete a Racer Academy/Thoroughbred Academy Admission Application.
Needing to log back in to complete your app? Log back in to your account and select "Complete an Application" at the bottom of your "My Account" page.
Having problems? Download the detailed guide on how to apply!
- Select a course from the Course Offerings or on Murray State's class schedule. All Racer Academy class sections begin with "R". Seats in some Racer Academy courses are limited. How to search for courses
- The Guidance Counselor/Principal Approval form MUST accompany the Admission Application signed by the high school guidance counselor or principal.
- Tuition payment can be made through myGate. If a parent(s) is employed by Murray State, a tuition waiver may be used to pay the course tuition.
- Official Transcripts and ACT scores should be submitted along with the application. Murray State University will accept AccuPlacer, KYOTE and ALEKS scores for placement purposes.
- All items should be emailed to Jennifer Smith at email@example.com.
- The student will be admitted when all required documents have been reviewed, and it is determined that admission requirements have been met.
- After the student is admitted, they will receive a letter from Racer Academy Admissions with their M number and myGate password. If they do not receive a letter before classes start, contact the help desk at 270.809.2346.
- The Registrar's Office will register the student in the course.
- Canvas is the delivery tool for all online courses. Once registered, log into Canvas to see the course. The course will not be available until the first day of class. If a problem occurs, call the Murray State Help Desk at 270.809.2346.
- Tuition and fee expenses can be found on the Racer Academy webpage, or from your guidance counselor, or by calling Jennifer Smith at 270.809.2684. The Bursar's Office is responsible for the collection of all fees owed to the University.
- All billing statements are available to view on the student’s myGate account. Email notifications will be sent when bills are available to view.
- If you wish to drop a class, you need to complete the Racer Academy Withdrawal/Drop form and fax to Kristi Jackson at 270.809.5727.
- If you are a returning Racer Academy student, an email from the guidance counselor should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the student's name and the course(s) they want to take, a Guidance Counselor/Principal Approval form signed by the guidance counselor and student and an updated transcript.
- Racer Academy/Thoroughbred Academy Application for Admission
Already started an application, but haven't submitted it yet? Log back in to your account and select "Complete an Application" at the bottom of your "My Account" page.
- Guidance Counselor/Principal Approval Form
- Parental Consent/Registration Form
- Withdrawal/Drop Form
Tuition and fees
- The tuition charge is $54.00 per credit hour for ALL Racer Academy courses.
- Any additional course fees are not included in the cost of tuition.
*tuition charges may be subject to change.
- Need help connecting to Racer Academy? Download our "Get Connected" guide